1. Raw materials for a proof of concept hook up back in February
2. Workshop! It's not as warm as it looks...
3. Proof of concept towing arrangement
4. Towing a pallete! What fun!
5. Work starts in vigour in late May. Nice summer weather as you can see...
6. Dry layout of first side piece
7. Steve grinding bits flat
8. First line of weld...
9. Me welding the remainder
10. Steve tidying things up
11. First side piece complete!
12. Second side piece
13. Second side piece complete
14. Steve welding
15. Steve welding
16. Rain cover and wet weather prevail. Note exhaust manifold as 'paperweight'!
17. Do not trust this man with a welder...
18. Welding the main frame together
19. Careful jigging
20. Basic frame almost complete
21. A little more welding from Steve
22. And myself
23. And it's done in outline
24. Yeah, really comfortable!
25. Time to polish and grind
26. Welding in some intermediate bits
27. Seat retainers in place
28. Welding on initial attempt at axles - M10 studding and connectors
29. Grinding welds flat
30. Frame with seat retainers in place
31. Frame after first paint
32. Steve grinding and fitting chequer plate for size
33. Yup, looks OK!
34. Welding in extra support for footplate
35. RIP angle grinder number 3...
36. Concept 'wheels', seat backs and sides. It hasn't fallen over yet...
37. Concept wheel and chequer plate
38. Subtle adjustment to the drag arm curvature...
39. Errm... I appear to be hiding behind a toolbox...
40. Side pieces drying out after an impromtu wetting
42. Yes, we take electrical safety in the pouring rain very seriously...
43. Cutting the cross bar into shape
44. Frame with draw bar base in fitting position
45. Cutting in notches to lie draw bar flat
46. Steve cutting
47. Me grinding
48. No, it didn't hurt!
49. Crucial alignment... A nervous moment... Or 20 mins!
51. The finished object in skeleton form!
52. Again, it hasn't toppled over yet
53. Finished towing arms
54. How to mend a welder... Well, maybe not...
55. First beefed up axle in place
56. Mmmm... Shiny...
57. Discussions on welder blockage
58. Steve's very shiny side bits
59. Steve and Steph doing the dual grinding thing
60. Fastners anyone? Or tea?
61. Trueing newly build up wheels
62. Difficult fixing of sides
63. Carefully screwing sides in place
64. First test ride!!
65. OK with one towing...
66. Now what about 2?
67. Serious concentration requried...
68. But all OK!
69. Close up of drag arm and cross bar
70. Subtle manipulation of seat post position... Damn corrosion...
71. Fixing the footplate in place
72. Footplate done!
73. Painting the mudguards
74. In our neighbour's car port! Seat backs in place
75. Final, decorated version without rain canopy
76. Steve and Steph
77. Side view - very shiny!
78. Oblique view
79. Cutting piping for rain hood
80. Rain hood before final stitching. Job done!! Now just to do the wedding itself...